Welcome to CKS College International Baccalaureate Programmes
Welcome to Chiang Kai Shek College, an IB World School for the Middle Years and Diploma Programme.
CKS College is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme and pursuing authorization as an IB World School.
IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.
CKS College is a multicultural Filipino-Chinese school located adjacent to the oldest Chinatown in the world. This historic and bustling district in Manila serves as a melting pot of cultures from around the region. The school has a long and rich history of academic excellence, educating its students to become internationally-minded citizens, able to adapt to the ever-changing social and future milieu necessary for nation-building and creating a better world.
IB Mission Statement
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate a
The IB Programme at CKS College
CKS College adopted the IB because the philosophy and objectives of this program reflect and complement those of the school. Additionally, the IB:
- is an inclusive international program;
- has strong, interdisciplinary elements;
- is flexible which allows CKS College to design the curriculum fitting the diverse needs of its student;
- provides a curriculum framework without prescribing curriculum content;
- espouses curriculum development and external evaluation.CKS College implements the IB Programme because we believe that the IB philosophy will furtherstrengthen our commitment to:
- pursuing excellence in education,
- promoting synergy in multiculturalism,
- developing life-long and independent learners, and
- producing internationally-minded members of the society.